Sunday, January 10, 2010

Smarter than I think

Everyday when Josh gets home, Holly goes down for her nap and Josh and I do homework time. We always read 2 books. He picks one for himself and one for me to read. Then we do homework his teacher sends home. Sometimes on short weeks he doesn't get homework, or on days when he finishes early I will have him do some extra stuff.

Today was one of those days. We practiced writing all his letters lower and upper case. I know I am such a mean mom. ( I did it too to make a game out of it.) Then we went through all the flashcards of the words he is suppose to know by the end of the year. I was so proud he knows them all now. So, we took it to the next level. I told Josh we were going to put a sentence together. I gave him a pile of words that were pronouns, then verbs and so forth. This is the sentence he put together.
He then looks at me and says, "So, can I go play now?" He is smarter than I give him credit for!


No comments:

Post a Comment