Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we had our big meal. It was tradition for my family to go to Tu-tu's and Pops house for Christmas Eve. We'd eat a big meal and open presents. I wanted to keep the tradition to have a Christmasy meal Christmas Eve. After we ate and the boys did the dishes. I got Holly and Josh ready as Mary and Joesph. We wrapped a baby doll to be Jesus. Grandma, Grandpa and I were all the other parts. Don read the Christmas Story and we all acted it out. The kids loved it and I loved watching them. (I could kick myself for not getting a picture of them dressed up). We quickly put out cookies and milk for Santa, but ended on a spiritual note with a Christmas Family prayer.

Holly wanted to take baby Jesus to bed with her. I put our manager (a short laundry basket with a pillow in it) and the wrapped baby Jesus and put it between their beds.

Holly still talks about being Mary.

1 comment: