Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mormon Movie Madness and Mommies Random Moments

Today was the last week for free summer movies at the mall. We saw Kit Kiteredge, it was kinda funny to see many mommies from our ward and there kids at the theatre, it was packed today! Usually we have no problem finding a seat, today Holly had to sit on my lap and we were in the middle of the row. Not that I am complaining, free is free.
Seeing all of us Mormons there at the theatre reminded me when I worked at a movies theatre in California. There were two buildings and each one had one screen. The main one had a balcony, which was cool. The church or a group of members got together and rented out one side to play some family movie. There were over 500 members packing that place. The ironic thing was that all of us working that day were LDS members (sounds like a lot of members in the area, but it really didn't seem like that many) including the guy that was manning the other theatre across the street that was getting held up at gun point and called us calmly after to tell us. Ahhh, the memories. Okay so maybe not all good.
The other thing about going to the movies today is, usually I don't care that I just walked two miles around the mall and I am wearing my sweats, with my hair slicked back in a pony tail. You get the picture! Now, I am not one of those moms who always looks nice, make-up is definitely optional. But I try to get out of the sweats and at least have my hair brushed. Seeing all those moms today I wanted to scream "I've just been pushing a double stroller around the mall trying to speed walk, I didn't just wake-up five minutes ago and throw something on!". Why this is such a big deal, I am not quite sure. But, my pride made me embarrassed. Now, will this stop me next summer from going in my sweats to the movie theatres, umm, NO! The show must go on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Stacey, you make me laugh. I saw you in the dark and didn't even notice that you were in your sweats. Good job for getting out there and walking the mall. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just going to have to accept that you look great all the time, even in sweats. I, on the other hand, have already accepted that I did just wake up five minutes ago and threw something on :)

    ReplyDelete