Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ballerina Girl

Our friends little girl, Mabel, is taking ballet classes. Every now and then they can bring a friend and they invited Holly. I don't know who was more excited me or Holly. We dressed her up in a pink leotard (thanks to cousin hand-me-downs, when do you guys get back?) and pulled her hair back into a ponytail and we were set to go.








The place had a one way mirror all the parents could watch through. It was so cute watching them do little ballet steps and twirl and spin. It brought back memories of my childhood. I did ballet and tap for a time. Though I hated my ballet teacher (I have terrible posture and my turn out is not that good). Wait, back to Holly. She was really getting into it and seemed to try to stay by the teacher, until the last 7 minutes when they were going over the dance the class is learning. She got all mad and just stood there with her face in her hands.
When I asked her later what was wrong she said that they didn't do enough ballet twirls and she didn't know what they were doing. I am not sure what changed from following the teacher from the rest of the class until then. But it was still extremely cute to watch. Thanks Mabel for the invite.







Mabel and Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment