Friday, February 26, 2010

I made that

Last night I went to a baby shower and I made a cake out of baby diapers. I totally stole the idea off line, and just dolled it up a bit. The online one was a white three tier cake. I wanted mine to be colorful and look like one of those fun cakes from Ace of Cakes. I covered my rolled up diapers with tissue and then used scrapbook supplies for around the cakes for the top and bottom tier. The middle tier has a hair band for the baby and the thing on the very top tier is a rattle/teether. I don't think the picture does it justice. I got it to be all leaning to one side and then the other, by covering one rolled up diaper with the tissue from the cake it sits on. It was a big hit and that made it fun, since the only other gift I gave was the wipes to go with it.

Maybe I should try to make real cakes like this. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment